The French Monuments Museum

Permanent Collections

By the breadth, scope and chronological magnitude of its collections, the Museum of French Monuments is one the leading and oldest museums dedicated to architecture and monument heritage. It first came into being in 1882 as the Museum of Comparative Sculpture, before becoming the Museum of French Monuments in 1937. It was subsequently integrated into the new cultural establishment created in 2004, Cité de l’architecture & du patrimoine.

Galerie d’architecture moderne et contemporaine

Vue de la galerie d'architecture contemporaine

Galerie Davioud

Vue de la galerie des moulages. Galerie Davioud

Vitrail de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Sens

Sens (Yonne), cathédrale Saint-Étienne, détail de l’Annonciation: l’archange Gabriel, 1503. Copie à grandeur par Paul Louzier, 1942


The 2nd floor of the wall paintings and stained glass windows gallery  is currently closed due to works.

Due to the year-end festivities, the Cité closes its doors at 5 p.m. on December 24th and 31th.